Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests storing and/or sharing specific content on a web server managed by a website hosting company. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's have a gaze at them. In this way, you can determine what you want, based on whether you wish to run a web portal, e-mails, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by given companies, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file hosting solutions are often supported by exhibiting adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely inapt explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the load between different stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web page hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share a vast number of images with friends or partners since the service is generally free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your electronic mail accounts. Some distributors offer hosting services for sites, but do not offer an email service. If you would like to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to use as many videos as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a web site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Fieck Hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for specific web content solely.